Re: [fhctech] Windows 2000 license from SLC

  • mendjaso@isu.edu
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 31, 2004
      John,
      You cant contact Jay Thornton at churchheadquater he can get you the install cd with the licenses you need.

      Jason

      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 1, 2004
        Boy, that's out in the boonies. I've been there. A good hour's drive out
        of Hilo. As Gary said, call SLC. I'd suggest hitting zero for the operator
        and asking for "local computer support". You can get Win2K or Win98. In
        the case of this machine, I'd recommend Win98. 64MHz is way too small and a
        Pentium Pro is probably around 90MHz as I have an old church computer in my
        collection that's like that. Worse, the hard drive is probably glacieral in
        speed. I think as low as I've gotten is a 200MHz with 128MB.

        Personally, I'd suggest they look to see what they can get. Companies are
        getting rid of better computers then that. 200MHz should be an easy find.
        With MLS requiring 500MHz or better, an old administrative computer may be
        available.

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 1, 2004
          Tech tip: Open the network neighborhood and browse to the server, share and
          directory to find the IGI and IGI addendum. You'll know when you've reached
          the right folder when you see a bunch of folders with 2-letter names.

          Now check and see if the address shows the full URL or just the directory.
          If it's just the directory, click on Tools, Folder Options, View tab and
          check off "Display the full path in the address bar". You should now be
          able to see the URL to this directory. (You might need to close the window
          and browse again, I'm not sure about how quickly it updates.)

          Simply highlight the full URL in the address bar and do a Control-C (copy).
          You can now paste it into TempleReady's setup. That will get you an
          accurate URL free from typos. If you find you can't browse to that
          directory using your current login, then you'll need to fix that first.
        • Dana Repouille
          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 1, 2004
            > and asking for "local computer support".

            Gayle and Susan are going out of business. I forget whether Local Unit
            Support is already gone, or soon will be gone. For clerk issues, you call
            Clerk Support, for FHC issues call the 6044 number, and for FHC tech issues
            call the Global Support people.

            Dana

            ---
          • Patty Gaddis
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 1, 2004
              Correct on all parts. I will try again and make sure I am putting that
              ending "\" after the entry. I may have forgotten it.

              Hopefully tomorrow after work and voting I'll have time to run over.

              Thanks, Patty
              At 10:27 PM 10/31/2004, you wrote:
              >So, first to check the following settings -
              >The server is named computer1
              >The D drive is shared as d
              >The AD folder is located at d:\ad
              >
              >You will need to also have an address for the IGI
              >Like <file://\\computer1\d\igi\>\\computer1\d\igi\
              >
              >You will want to have the "\" at the end of the address.
              >
              >Rick Klemetson
            • Patty Gaddis
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 1, 2004
                Shall try this too. Hadn't thought about copying and pasting. Good tip.

                Thanks, Patty