Re: [fhctech] Re: DELL & drive partitioning

  • Lee
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2000
      Good questions Tom,

      Our FS drives are dynamically mapped via a batch file that executes when FS
      is opened. This allows drive letters to be reused for other resources. The
      location of Family History Resource File data is specified by the data path
      value in the system registry and does not require drive letter assignment. I
      expect the Windows version of FS will access data this way also.

      Here's a link to a page with our current and planned client drive letter
      allocation.
      http://home.pacbell.net/lodifhc/FHCTech/mapping.htm

      Lee
      LodiFHC

    • twalker@k-online.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 12, 2000
        Thanks for the info Lee. I tried a limited trial here by lending the
        library a 10 Geg drive I had. Had some problems after I set it up
        with finding the Data so backed off until I study the proceidure a
        bit more.
        I am reluctant to tear into the New Dell right now(don't have the
        recources to get the 80 Gig drive anyhow). So have been using a
        Pent200 as a test model. The first problem was it has a 8 gig BIOS
        limit. The second of course is that I don't have the Foggist idea
        what I am doing! :-) :-)

        Tom Walker