Re: Double Printing in Family Search

  • twalker@k-online.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2000
      --- In fhctech@egroups.com, tnh@o... wrote:
      > I spoke with Clint on Tuesday night and that was indeed his
      problem. We
      > aren't sure what happened to cause the printer to default to 2
      copies, but
      > it did.

      Well I would bet a Human Hand did it. It could have been by anyone
      printing under a program and brings up the screen where the number of
      copies can be set.
    • tnh@owc.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 10, 2000
        On Thu, 30 Nov 2000 16:07:16 -0000, you wrote:

        >--- In fhctech@egroups.com, tnh@o... wrote:
        >> I spoke with Clint on Tuesday night and that was indeed his
        >problem. We
        >> aren't sure what happened to cause the printer to default to 2
        >copies, but
        >> it did.
        >
        > Well I would bet a Human Hand did it. It could have been by anyone
        >printing under a program and brings up the screen where the number of
        >copies can be set.

        Not in this case. It was an older HP LJ4 and the setting was set to 2
        copies as the default. What may have happened is that the printer was
        originally set to default to 2 copies and then manually set to 1 copy. It
        has been years since I worked with a LJ4, but I know that you can override
        the setting manually (all this is on the printer).

        Clint's problem was that Windows printed fine, but not the DOS-based Family
        Search and PAF 3 programs.

        The matter was further complicated by the printer being a served printer on
        a peer-to-peer network, not connected directly to any of the patron
        machines...

        My first inclination is the same as yours -- human intervention, but the
        circumstances argue against it, unless someone knew about the LJ4 settings
        at the printer...

        Oh well... it is fixed and that's the important part.

        Tom Huber
      • clint.mason@philips.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 11, 2000
          Here Here!!!!!!!

          Thanks Tom For Your Help!!!!
          Has working fine now!!

          Clint Mason
          Shaumburg Illinois FHC

          tnh@... on 12/10/2000 08:19:59 PM
          Please respond to fhctech@egroups.com@SMTP
          To: fhctech@egroups.com@SMTP
          cc:
          Subject: Re: [fhctech] Re: Double Printing in Family Search
          Classification:

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 11, 2000
            Well IF it was working alright and then One Day it started double
            copy printing the HP4 Had to be reset by someone the way I look at it.

            Tom Walker