Mapping the Military records on a Network

  • grostlie
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 6, 2004
      Hope someone can help. Had to repair a hard drive on one of the
      computers. All the family search files were on another data hard
      drive, so none of the files for the family search were lost. I have
      gotten all the programs mapped correctly to make Family Search work,
      all but the Military records. Can someone point me to the right file
      or folder to map to get the military records working on the network.

      Thanks in advance,
      Greg Ostlie
    • Merlin R Kitchen
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 6, 2004
        The following assumes that you have the data on a network server and that
        the data is mapped to M: on the client machine.

        In the PAS folder is a file named PAS.INI
        It is a text file which you can edit using notepad. Near the bottom are
        these statements:
        ---------------
        [WD.EXE]
        Description=Military Index
        NumDrivesSearchable=1
        SearchDrives=
        SSNDF004=M:,Military Index
        where the assigned drive is M:

        In the PAS folder is a file named PASETUP.TXT which you can edit using
        notepad. In it is a statement that looks like:
        WD.EXE=M:P
        Where M: is the drive letter assigned

        If you have mapped to a different drive letter, make the appropriate
        changes.