RE: [fhctech] Mytrees.com Family History Center Accounts

  • Russell Houlton
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2003
      The same thing was posted a few days ago to the FHCNET list too. No reason
      given. It sounds like it was a sudden decision. I can only guess that they
      discovered a serious issue with allowing multiple people to use one account.
      I know Ancestry had to make some changes to FHC accounts.

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2003
        At our FHC we could never get it to work properly only on one computer and
        not the other three. I finally gave up because of the lack of prompt
        response to emails. I would go in at 6 AM (8 AM their time) to request help
        telling them what the problem was and that I would be at the FHC until I
        heard back from them that day. Maybe a week or so later I would hear from
        them.

        It could be a small operation without employees. I don't know. If so, they
        could have been on vacation but their response didn't mention that.

        Connie
        > The same thing was posted a few days ago to the FHCNET list too. No
        reason
        > given. It sounds like it was a sudden decision. I can only guess that
        they
        > discovered a serious issue with allowing multiple people to use one
        account.
        > I know Ancestry had to make some changes to FHC accounts.

      • James W Anderson
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2003
          I thought they were in Orem, Utah, somewhere off State
          and 16th North or something like that. That explains
          the time difference.

          I mentioned in FHCNET that the owners used to work for
          the FHL in Salt Lake in some capacity. Some on that
          list suspect that 'something is circling the drain'
          there right now, as well.

          Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
          http://companion.yahoo.com/
        • Dana A. Repouille
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 1, 2003
            Connie,
            Just to make sure you understand how it worked... They should have given you
            a different account name for each computer, with the same password for all.
            Since the name and password are stored in a cookie, only one computer may
            use an account name. Hopefully you weren't trying to use the same account
            name on all four computers.

            I assume MyTrees.com dropped free FHC accounts because the technical support
            for these free accounts was interfering with the support of the paying
            customers.

            Dana

            > At our FHC we could never get it to work properly only on one computer and
            > not the other three. I finally gave up because of the lack of prompt
            > response to emails. I would go in at 6 AM (8 AM their time) to request
            help
            > telling them what the problem was and that I would be at the FHC until I
            > heard back from them that day. Maybe a week or so later I would hear from
            > them.
            >
            > It could be a small operation without employees. I don't know. If so,
            they
            > could have been on vacation but their response didn't mention that.
            >
            > Connie

          • John Cato
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 4, 2003
              James,

              Where do I find the FHCNET?? Thanks

              John Cato
              johncato@...

              > I thought they were in Orem, Utah, somewhere off State
              > and 16th North or something like that. That explains
              > the time difference.
              >
              > I mentioned in FHCNET that the owners used to work for
              > the FHL in Salt Lake in some capacity. Some on that
              > list suspect that 'something is circling the drain'
              > there right now, as well.
              >

              > --- Connie Bradbury <bradbury@...> wrote:
              > > At our FHC we could never get it to work properly
              > > only on one computer and
              > > not the other three. I finally gave up because of
              > > the lack of prompt
              > > response to emails. I would go in at 6 AM (8 AM
              > > their time) to request help
              > > telling them what the problem was and that I would
              > > be at the FHC until I
              > > heard back from them that day. Maybe a week or so
              > > later I would hear from
              > > them.
              > >
              > > It could be a small operation without employees. I
              > > don't know. If so, they
              > > could have been on vacation but their response
              > > didn't mention that.
              > >
              > > Connie

            • Russell Houlton
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 4, 2003
                >>> Where do I find the FHCNET?? <<<

                It's a Yahoo group just like this one so the same thing applies, just a
                different name.

                Community email addresses:
                Post message: fhcnet@yahoogroups.com
                Subscribe: fhcnet-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

                - Russell -
                So many toys, so little time and so little money.