FHCMO and a new computer

  • ldsbren913@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2000
      Our Centre received a new computer from SLC a few months ago. It did
      not have a modem in it so we purchased an internal modem locally.

      Until now our librarians have been faxing in their orders because the
      modem on the old computer died. I installed the copy we had (many
      years old) of FHCMO on the new computer but couldn't get it working.
      THEN I went to the 'read me' file and found that it's set up for a
      specific modem. Who in SLC do I talk to about getting a new copy of
      FHCMO and what do they need to know concerning our equipment???
    • Shanna Jones
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2000
        Contact Jay R. Thornton at Family History Center Support
        thorntonjr@...

        There is a specific modem that they should sent to you.

        ldsbren913@... wrote:

        > Our Centre received a new computer from SLC a few months ago. It did
        > not have a modem in it so we purchased an internal modem locally.
        >
        > Until now our librarians have been faxing in their orders because the
        > modem on the old computer died. I installed the copy we had (many
        > years old) of FHCMO on the new computer but couldn't get it working.
        > THEN I went to the 'read me' file and found that it's set up for a
        > specific modem. Who in SLC do I talk to about getting a new copy of
        > FHCMO and what do they need to know concerning our equipment???
        >

        > Home Page:
        > http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~fhcnet/fhctech/
        > Searchable Archive:
        > http://www.mail-archive.com/fhctech%40onelist.com/
        > Community email addresses:
        > Post message: fhctech@egroups.com
        > Subscribe: fhctech-subscribe@egroups.com
        > Shortcut URL to this page:
        > http://www.egroups.com/community/fhctech
      • Barbara Allen
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 30, 2000
          The person you need to speak to is Ingrid Frehner. Here is her e-mail
          <FrehnerIW@...
          I just recently read that you can use an internal modem so you don't need to
          get another but Ingrid will help you with everything. She is wonderful and
          very knowledgeable! She helped me when we set up our modem ordering. If
          you do need to order something she will be able to tell you what and how to
          get it.

          Barbara