RE: [fhctech] Re: Cable line access to different building sections.

  • Russell Houlton
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2003
      Over all I get along very well with our FM group. They are responsive to
      genuine problems and they don't bother me too much about some of the things
      I do - like when I used the existing conduits to run Cat 5 cable in the
      walls and the ceiling. I don't think they trust me fully since I find signs
      that say "Russell keep out" in the back of the satellite system. <grin> I
      don't go there unless something's not working. Those systems guys from SLC
      don't do a very good job. But that's a different gripe.

      I do have problems from time to time with one of the workers. One time a
      few years ago the FHC called me about a paper jam. They were puzzled
      because the printer was fine one shift but then the next time the FHC was
      open the crew found a paper jammed in the machine. I went in and got the
      paper out with some persuasion (those HP 5Ls could be a bit of a pain) and
      noticed that the last name on the half-printed paper matched the family name
      of one of the FM employees - you know, the guys who have keys to
      *everything*. Things that make you go "hmmmmmmm".