names that I could find on the CDs but not on the internet

  • LaKay Ashcroft
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2003
      I have been asked by the Records and Information Division of the Family and Church History Deparrtment to respond to comments below by Bonnie Whitley and Carol Sweet.

      Questions regarding "names that I could find on the CDs but not on the Internet" should be sent to the following e-mail address:    help@... .  This is the Family and Church History Department's support desk.  They will gather the information and forward it to the appropriate Family and Church History Employee.

      Assignments change periodically and it is possible that sending to a specific individual may delay your response.

      La Kay Ashcroft
      Family and Church History

      X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X
      >>> dsweet1@... 09/30/03 03:12PM >>>
      Bonnie Whitley wrote:

      "We have Patrons who can't find their people on FS Internet, then go into FS
      Dos and there they are.  Guess we'll keep FS Dos until FHD gets it all
      merged in one place....and instructs us that it's time to get rid of it."

      I had some names that I could find on the CDs but not on the internet. When
      I let FH Dept know, they wanted specifics. When I went to get them the names
      had magically appeared on IGII.

      Here is the reply I got at one point:

      Paul Starkey in the Family and Church History department asked me to follow
      thru with you, to find any missing records in the IGI that you alluded to in
      an email answer to Mike St. Clair.
      You state "The problems may be temple specific.  Many of us in NY have found
      ordinances performed in the Washington DC or Toronto are on the CD but not
      on-line.  Our experience is not as rare as Mike thought."

      Would you be so kind as to give me some examples of those missing records.
      I will check them out and see if I can find out why.  Thank you for your
      time.
      Gary Christiansen

      Carol Sweet
      Rochester NY FHC

      This message may contain confidential information, and is intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.