Windows 2000 - PAF 2.31

  • Tim Rosenlof
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 28, 2003
      Windows 2000 Professional

      I can't seem to get PAF 2.31 or 3 to run in FullScreen from a desktop icon.
      It only fills the top 1/3 of the screen. I've fiddled with the properties
      and just can't seem to figure it out.

      It does run in FullScreen through FamilySearch

      Any Suggestions ?

      Tim Rosenlof
      Lehi Utah FHC
    • Dana A. Repouille
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 28, 2003
        I noticed the same thing when I fiddled with it a few weeks ago. I don't
        believe I came up with a solution, so I will be interested in a reply as
        well.

        Dana

        > I can't seem to get PAF 2.31 or 3 to run in FullScreen from a desktop
        icon.
        > It only fills the top 1/3 of the screen. I've fiddled with the properties
        > and just can't seem to figure it out.
        >
        > It does run in FullScreen through FamilySearch
        >
        > Any Suggestions ?
        >
        > Tim Rosenlof
        > Lehi Utah FHC

      • Louis Puster
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 29, 2003
          I believe you are displaying it as a window.  With a certain size font, you can mostly fill the screen.  If I am right, there is an X in the upper right corner to close the window.  Alt-Enter toggles the DOS/Windows display mode.  Or you can right-click on the icon, properties, options tab, Display options, select Full screen.  When in DOS full screen mode, the colors will be like you would get when running in DOS, and there is no X in the corner to close the screen (which would be the wrong thing to do to a DOS program).

          Louis.
          Knoxville TN FHC

          On 9/28/2003 at 6:50 PM Tim Rosenlof wrote:
          Windows 2000 Professional

          I can't seem to get PAF 2.31 or 3 to run in FullScreen from a desktop icon.
          It only fills the top 1/3 of the screen. I've fiddled with the properties
          and just can't seem to figure it out.

          It does run in FullScreen through FamilySearch

          Any Suggestions ?

          Tim Rosenlof
          Lehi Utah FHC
        • Randy
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 30, 2003
            When running a DOS based program under windows, do an <ALT>+<ENTER>
            to make the program full screen

            Randy

            --- In fhctech@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Rosenlof" <sparky@x> wrote:
            > Windows 2000 Professional
            >
            > I can't seem to get PAF 2.31 or 3 to run in FullScreen from a
            desktop icon.
            > It only fills the top 1/3 of the screen. I've fiddled with the
            properties
            > and just can't seem to figure it out.
            >
            > It does run in FullScreen through FamilySearch
            >
            > Any Suggestions ?
            >
            > Tim Rosenlof
            > Lehi Utah FHC
          • Dennis Stewart
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 1, 2003
              Tim,

              There is also a setting under the Properties item for the icon that you can
              set to show the application on full screen. At least I think that is where
              it is--I am not at the FHC this morning so I am going from memory. If you
              can't find it let me know and I will check it the next time I visit the FHC.

              Be advised that sometimes I have trouble with this setting. On some machines
              I have had to set it to not run full screen because the application will
              lock up when I use full screen.

              Dennis Stewart
              Meridan Idaho East Stake FHC
              dstewart@...

              When running a DOS based program under windows, do an <ALT>+<ENTER>
              to make the program full screen

              Randy

              --- In fhctech@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Rosenlof" <sparky@x> wrote:
              > Windows 2000 Professional
              >
              > I can't seem to get PAF 2.31 or 3 to run in FullScreen from a
              desktop icon.
              > It only fills the top 1/3 of the screen. I've fiddled with the
              properties
              > and just can't seem to figure it out.
              >
              > It does run in FullScreen through FamilySearch
              >
              > Any Suggestions ?
              >
              > Tim Rosenlof
              > Lehi Utah FHC

              Subscribe: fhctech-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

            • Russell Houlton
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 1, 2003
                Right-click the shortcut (it won't work if the icon is the actual file),
                select Properties, under the Options tab, look at Display options.

                roups.yahoo.com]On Behalf Of Dennis Stewart