Re: [fhctech] WinXP

  • John Vilburn
    Message 1 of 17 , Aug 31, 2003
      At our FHC we are running IM on a Win2k machine.

      John

      Message 2 of 17 , Aug 31, 2003
        What login did you install it with? A number of programs have difficulty
        with some security models. Some programs write to both user and machine
        area of the registry, it might be you'll have to upgrade the patron's login
        to admin or power user just to install it and then downgrade it back to
        normal. If you installed it as "admin" does it work OK under "admin" but
        bomb under "patron"? That would point to a user rights issue to the user's
        registry.
      • Russell Houlton
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 1, 2003
          Now that I think about it, so is ours. I forgot we moved it from a Win95B
          machine.... I forget what "status" I made the users (user or power user).

          I guess I should have thought a bit more before typing my speculation.

          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 4, 2003
            Jill,

            Congratulations on such a wonderful blessing. Don't be discouraged. You know who will win in the end.

            You go for it, girl. I happen to know that the Holy Ghost loves computers and will help you, too.

            With lots of love,
            Fran Holtsberry
            Chico, CA