RE: [fhctech] RE: old files on PS/2

  • Mike St. Clair
    Message 1 of 4 , May 6, 2003
      Message
      The early PS/1s were a lot different  than the PS/2s and if you've got one of those you may be in trouble as they used some very proprietary hardware and ran DOS 4 out of ROM.  As you look inside, does it have what looks like ISA card slots?
      Message 2 of 4 , May 6, 2003
        There is a program on Windows 3.1 for transferring files. I don't remember
        the name of it and I just through out my windows 3.1 book last week. I
        have used it in the past and it worked real well. Hopefully, this will jog
        some one's memory and they will remember all about it. Good luck.. Bob
        Badger
      • Randy
        Message 3 of 4 , May 6, 2003
          David

          Laplink uses the Com port of the pc with a cable between. The "mode"
          command I refered to earlier is a DOS command. On the PS/1 PC, by
          typing at a DOS prompt "mode com1:9600,n,8,1" and pressing <enter>,
          this activates com port 1 on the PS/1. With Laplink installed on
          the 2nd PC and the cable hooked between PC's you can tell laplink to
          install itself over the cable to the PS/1. After installing itself,
          you can then transfer files from the PS/1.

          Email me direct if you wish with further questions, or for more info.
          rdj_smj@...