Bob Rebo passed away

  • Rick Klemetson
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2003
      The old timers on this list will remember Bob Rebo's name and contribution.
      The newer members are not aware of the critical contributions that he made.

      Bob and his wife are originally from the US. Bob was stationed in Europe
      with the military. He and his wife worked in the family history center
      there. He wondered how he could network his family history center like the
      visitor centers in SLC, Oakland, Mesa, etc.

      He repeatedly contacted SLC but did not receive any help because networks
      were not supported, until a person took pity on him calling repeated from
      overseas and mentioned the undocumented feature that allowed you to type
      "setup network"

      Bob then wrote up an explanation of the process that became a great resource
      for many centers. The legacy of his drive lettering choices is still seen in
      the zip file that is available - pasnet.zip. Prior to that time, we manually
      edited numerous files to get family search to work.

      Our prayers are for and with his family.

      Rick Klemetson

      Rick@...

      Rick.Klemetson@...

      801.368.1770 Cell