Re: [fhctech] FHLC - Microsoft Virtual Machine

  • Lee
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2000
      Updated versions of the Microsoft virtual machine (Microsoft VM) are
      available for download from Microsoft.

      Microsoft VM version version 2439 (Internet Explorer 4.x), and version 3186
      (Internet Explorer 5) are available for download for Microsoft Windows 95,
      Microsoft Windows 98, and Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 at:

      http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

      HTH,
      Lee

      Lodi FHC

      BTW.....I share the sense of frustration with many FHD applications and am
      looking forward to discussing a new era of application development and
      testing with Steve Fox next month.
    • Peter Yorke
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2000
        Lee, if I remember correctly the first meeting was not open to outsiders, but I have a certain passion about this subject and would love to be involved in this one with Steve. Maybe we could correspond offline about this?

        Pete Yorke
        Pete@...
        Hayward California Stake
        Family History Technician

        Updated versions of the Microsoft virtual machine (Microsoft VM) are
        available for download from Microsoft.

        Microsoft VM version version 2439 (Internet Explorer 4.x), and version 3186
        (Internet Explorer 5) are available for download for Microsoft Windows 95,
        Microsoft Windows 98, and Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 at:

        http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

        HTH,
        Lee

        Lodi FHC

        BTW.....I share the sense of frustration with many FHD applications and am
        looking forward to discussing a new era of application development and
        testing with Steve Fox next month.

        Home Page:
          http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~fhcnet/fhctech/
        Searchable Archive:
          http://www.mail-archive.com/fhctech%40onelist.com/
        Community email addresses:
          Post message: fhctech@onelist.com
          Subscribe:    fhctech-subscribe@onelist.com
        Shortcut URL to this page:
          http://www.onelist.com/community/fhctech

      • Alexander Smith
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2000
          Rick,
          Thanks for your input and others. I did find that Microsoft Virtual
          Machine is included as part of the Internet Explorer 5 installation of you
          choose the "Typical" installation. But if you choose a minimal installation
          (as I did since we don't have an internet connection from our FHC), the
          check box for installing Microsoft Virtual Machine is unchecked. The
          installation program allows you to install just that one component and it
          fixed the problem I was having.

          Alex...
          Sandy Utah Cottonwood Creek Tri-stake FHC