FHLC - Microsoft Virtual Machine

  • Alexander Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2000
      When you click on Help at the bottom of the new FHLC screen, an advisor
      column is formed on the right of the screen. At the bottom of the advisor
      page is another Help that when selected pops up a window which allows you to
      browse through all the topics about FHLC that come with the software. On my
      Win98 machines, these help topics appear without problems. On my Win95
      machines, I get a Window that says in order for those topics to display
      properly, I will need to download and install "Microsoft Virtual
      Machine"..filesize 4.4MB and then asks if I want to download the file right
      now. Well, our FHC computers are not connected to the internet so I need
      some suggestions on what "Microsoft Virtual Machine" is. If I knew what the
      actual filename was, I could go to Microsoft and download the file at home
      and then take it to the FHC to install. Or maybe I could transfer the file
      from the Win98 machines??

      Alex...
    • Rick Prentice
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2000
        Alex

        Which version of Internet Explorer do you run. I think the virtual machine
        can be downloaded as a plugin to Internet Explorer 5 and maybe to 4 as well.
        In which case you are likely to find it as part of any free Internet disc or
        on a magazine cover disc. You may already have IE in which case a reinstall
        may allow you to install the option. One of the files to look for is
        msjava.dll but there are lots of others

        RickP

[...]

        Home Page:
        http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~fhcnet/fhctech/