Searching

  • Mark L. Pearson
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2003

      Gary got me to thinking about PaperPort (this is not an advertisement - PaperPort 8 is available on the Internet for $76.25 to $85 ).

      PaperPort indexes images by word (OCR) and index up to 16GB of text, so a researcher using PaperPort as a filing system would have access to typewritten notes plus web pages and anything else except handwriting.  However on the handwritten notes you can use keywords and comments within the properties selection.

      Handwriting indexing may not be that far off.  The tablet PC can search handwriting by word that was created on the Tablet PC that was not converted to text. I have not been able to prove yet that the handwriting indexes are shareable.

      My purpose in posting was that I saw a real need as I was doing my own research today and gathering a lot of stuff from the Internet.

      Mark L. Pearson

      M-CBS

      2511 Driftcreek Rd SE

      Sublimity, OR 97385