Re: Win2000 and Folio Bound Views - problems

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 28, 2002
      The LDS emmigrant roster program is actually a stand alone on the
      computer. All the files related to it reside on the hard drive of
      each computer so it does not appear to be a network connection. The
      other two programs lock up before they even have to access the
      network. I found, while searching the web, other non church Folio
      programs that have had an issue with W2K, but no good solution was
      given. I'll have to call SLC and see if they have run across this,
      since they have been putting out computers with W2K. Thanks for the
      thoughts.

      --- In fhctech@y..., Justin Masters - FMEC <jmasters@p...> wrote:
      > You might try to see if there's some kind of a timeout relating to a
      > remotely mounted path. I believe the W9x machines try to keep a
      > persistent connection and just timeout. The W2K machines just
      > "unmount" the intermittent path. You might try the following
      > experiment to see if this is the case - try to go to the mapped
      drive
      > BEFORE you run the program. That will re-establish the mapped
      path.

      > Justin
      >
      > Verily, Dave did write:
      > | I'm finding out that the three programs that use the Folio Bound
      > | Views search engine - Australian Vitals, Brit 1851, and LDS
      Emmigrant

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      > Justin Masters (Systems Programmer) PH: 916
      356-6735
      > Intel Corp. FM6-17 FAX: 916
      377-2288