RE: [fhctech] Memory Upgrade

  • Russell Houlton
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 4, 2002
      The fact we have to do a memory upgrade doesn't bother me. What irks me is
      that we have to do it out of our own pocket. If the membership or financial
      side tried the same thing, they would have told me how to get reimbursed
      from Headquarters. - a trivially easy process as I've done it many times for
      repairs to ward machines. The usual method is to simply write a code number
      in the memo field of the stake check used to pay for the item.

      Even so, it's the principle more then the amount. This is the first time I
      know of that we've had to dig into our own pockets for a church mandated
      item. In the past it's only been when we wanted to go "above and beyond"
      the minimum that we've had to pay.

      roups.yahoo.com]On Behalf Of Gary Templeman
      Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 4:28 AM
      To: fhctech@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [fhctech] Memory Upgrade

      Automatically sending something out to each
      unit could mean sending memory to units that no longer even had a slot
      in the PC available. With 128MB sticks to be had at $20-30, when you
      consider the logistics of contracting for the purchase, repackaging and
      sending them to the units, additional postage, etc., the total cost
      would have been a lot higher.
    • Stephen Dragoo
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 4, 2002
        --- Russell Houlton <R_Houlton@...> wrote:
        > The fact we have to do a memory upgrade doesn't bother me. What irks me is
        > that we have to do it out of our own pocket. If the membership or financial
        > side tried the same thing, they would have told me how to get reimbursed
        > from Headquarters. - a trivially easy process as I've done it many times for
        > repairs to ward machines. The usual method is to simply write a code number
        > in the memo field of the stake check used to pay for the item.
        >
        > Even so, it's the principle more then the amount. This is the first time I
        > know of that we've had to dig into our own pockets for a church mandated
        > item. In the past it's only been when we wanted to go "above and beyond"
        > the minimum that we've had to pay.

        It might depend on the type of FHC you're running. Before our ward boundary
        change last year, I assisted my wife in opening a ward-level FHC in our
        building. Because of it being run at the ward level, the Church did not
        provide any of the equipment. Nor were we allowed to solicit donations from
        ward members (monetary or equipment) to set it up.

        So, if you're running a ward-level FHC, it makes perfect sense that any
        upgrades to the equipment would be out-of-pocket, particularly since the Church
        only requires a 32 MB Pentium 90 MHz system for Church use anyway.

        If, on the other hand, you're running the stake FHC, you might be able to get
        reimbursed for the upgrade through the stake.

        http://finance.yahoo.com
      • Russell Houlton
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 5, 2002
          It's a stake-level FHC

          roups.yahoo.com]On Behalf Of Stephen Dragoo

          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 5, 2002
            --- Russell Houlton <R_Houlton@...> wrote:
            > It's a stake-level FHC

            You may want to contact the stake presidency, then, or perhaps one of the stake
            clerks, to find out if you can get reimbursed then.

            http://finance.yahoo.com