2002 editiion of the CD Catalog

  • Steve Fox
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 8, 2002
      The 2002 edition of the CD Catalog is now available from the Distribution Center.  Data on the catalog is as of April 2002.  The cost is $5.00 and the order number is 50081000

      Family History Centers in the United States and Canada will receive a copy automatically.

      Steve

      This message may contain confidential information, and is intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 8, 2002
        Will the modified FHLC interface still work with the new CD, and will the installation of the new CD overwrite that interface requiring it be reinstalled?

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 8, 2002
          Gary
          Not sure what you are asking but I have seen the new FHLC and you can
          have both the old one and the new one installed on the same machine,
          both use HTML web pages. The new one doesn't have to overlay the old
          one. The new FHLC is much, much faster and looks almost identical to
          the FamilySearch web page. One search I used to test with 1234567 took
          up to 1 hr and 20 minutes on a 200mhz machine it now takes less than 1
          minute. It has been from what I have seen rewritten. The important
          thing for me was I tested it and did all sorts of things that failed
          in the old one and I couldn't find a bug. It's also as is stated more
          up to date. FYI I understand no further DOS based FS versions will be
          available or updated.

          Phil Jeffrey

        • prgraph@inreach.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 9, 2002
            Gary,

            The modified FHLC interface was not compatible with the FHLC beta version I
            tested in February and it's likely that it is also incompatible with the
            release version.

            The beta did not have an HTML interface so I may not be able to develop a
            more user-friendly interface for it.

            We will be using a 'mixed' configuration: modified-interface, FHLC v. 1
            program, FHLC v. 2 data, until I complete a more thorough evaluation of the
            interface reconstruction alternatives.

            Lee

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 9, 2002
              Thanks for the info. Will you be posting at fhctech.org any special
              instructions for creating the mixed config in a networked environment,
              or can we just substitute the data files (.nfo?) on the server? Also,
              Phil noted that both versions can coexist, although I am not sure why
              one would want tham to.

              Sponsor ---------------------~-->
              > 4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
              > http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/Ey.GAA/FvNolB/TM

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • phil_jeffrey28
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 9, 2002
                Gary
                You are right I am not sure why anybody would want both versions.
                When I did the testing I did both local and network (server). All I
                had to do was move "all" the files to the server and then run setup
                from the mapped folder. This was a win2k to win2k so I can't speak
                for any thing else.
                Phil

                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 12, 2002
                  IIRC, you only need to copy the R1 (data) folder.

                  Lee