1851 British Census & Australian VRI Networking Issue

  • encantotom
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2002
      I copied the files exactly as the instructions on the web site said.
      I followed the same directory structure on my large d: drive.

      then i renamed the set up files. then i installed each one.

      I am first working on the machine that has the "server d:" drive in
      it. When I start either viewer, it gets hung up with no errors. If
      I click the mouse over the "about the church" bar at the bottom, it
      asks for the cd to be inserted.

      i made sure the correct path was in the avr.ini file and the same for
      the other.

      still hangs.

      it is looking for the data files, so somehow i don't have something
      pointed at the right place.

      here is the avr.ini THIS IS ON THE SERVER MACHINE.

      [Install path]
      Path=C:\PROGRA~1\LDS_CD\AVR1788

      [License]
      Center=No
      Accept=yes

      [CD Drive] DO I HAVE TO CHANGE THIS TO SOMETHING ELSE
      Drive=D:\LDS_Census\FHRF\AVR\ D IS MY LARGE DATA HDD

      here is the brit1851.ini

      [Install path]
      Path=C:\PROGRA~1\LDS_CD\BRIT1851

      [License]
      Center=No
      Accept=yes

      [CD Drive]
      Drive=D:\LDS_CE~1\FHRF\

      I ASSUME THAT WHERE IT SAYS [CD DRIVE] THAT I NEED TO CHANGE TO
      NETWORK FOR THE CLIENTS, IS THAT TRUE?

      I KNOW I HAVE JUST MISSED A STEP. ALL THE OTHER PROGRAMS AND DATA
      BASES I HAVE GOTTEN TO WORK.

      THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

      TOM MCCLOUD
      MESA, AZ