Re: [fhctech] Re: export from Paf

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 1, 2002
      OTOH, it doesn't take any longer to type the names directly into PAF 5 as it does into the old DOS version of TR.  Then from the Tools menu, go directly into TRWIN.  One good thing about TRWIN is that it is much more picky on how dates and places are typed.  I know it is a minor frustration for those who are used to putting in the abreviation for county or are using other non-standard formats.  But if all the red errors are corrected the resulting submission is a lot cleaner and the records will be of much better use to other researchers in the future.  TR DOS lets a lot more "junk" slip through.

      Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 10:58 AM
      Subject: Re: [fhctech] Re: export from Paf

      I would recommend that you leave both on your
      machine(s).  We occasionally get a patron who just
      needs to do one or two names and can enter them
      directly into the old DOS version, whereas you can't
      with the Windows version.

      Jerry Brasier
      Scottsdale North Stake FHC

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com