Licensing issues

  • helpdeskdan
    Message 1 of 33 , May 15, 2002
      I always assumed that a donated computer was legal because it
      originally came with windows. Apparently such is not so.
      I saw this on FreeDos.org:
      <>
      [According to Microsoft], any donated computer that didn't get
      donated with all its original disks and manuals and license
      certificates do not have valid licenses to use ANY MS Operating
      System., not even MS-DOS 3.0 which is what we have been
      using. They claim we have to pay $200 for a Win XP license for
      each computer to even be able to run MS operating systems on
      these computers.
      <>
      This is confirmed at :
      http://www.microsoft.com/education/?id=DonatedComputers

      So, essentially I have all these computers throughout my stake
      that don't have legal copies of windows.
    • Lee
      Message 33 of 33 , Jun 1, 2002
        For any of you using the Proxomitron (proxomitron.org) web filter, here are
        the parameters for a web page filter that will replace the eDiets and most
        other banner forms on a Yahoo! Groups homepage:

        Name: Yahoo Groups form filter
        Match: <form*</form>
        Bounds: 2800
        Expression: * (classifieds | ediets) *