RE: [fhctech] How is the FamilySearch running at the FHC?

  • Rick Klemetson
    Message 1 of 6 , May 10, 2002
      Message
      I have tried both of Gary's suggestions.
      and logged in. Then I selected the fhctech group. Then on the right side, closer to the top, I selected Edit My Membership - then I set the Message Format to "Do not convert to HTML"
      Then I saved the Changes.

      2. In my email program (Outlook 2000), I went to "Tools", "Options", "Mail Format", then changed the Compose in format to plain text.

      If this works, then there should not be the ad at the bottom for those people who have their settings to not convert to HTML.

      Rick Klemetson

      Message 2 of 6 , May 10, 2002
        Message
        Report - After making the changes to my account, the email still had an advertisement at the bottom. Does any know a solution for this?
        Rick Klemetson

        Message 3 of 6 , May 10, 2002
          MessageThat is bizarre. I can understand Yahoo adding the advertisement
          on their own, but why would your message still come through with blue
          text and a red script signature? In Outlook Express the selection is in
          the sending format, not the composition. Perhaps there is one other
          setting in Outlook? I don't recall seeing any of my messages having an
          advertisement so maybe there is something else in Yahoo too. I changed
          the reply format to plain text. That should strip out all the HTML.

          Gary

[...]

          Subscribe: fhctech-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        • Lee
          Message 4 of 6 , May 10, 2002
            Rick,

            If you've configured Outlook for plain text then one alternative is to filter the list mail and forward it to yourself. HTML will be stripped when the message is resent.

            HTH,

            Lee