Re: [fhctech] internet cost recoup ideas

  • Walter Gaddis
    Message 1 of 3 , May 10, 2002
      Good question. Maybe our director forgot to account for the MStar in our
      recoup costs. I'll check with him on that.

      We are just now up and haven't even announced it is available to most of
      the librarians. We still had a few bugs to work out, like how to fix
      Outlook so people can't get into the e-mail. Whether we should maybe not
      charge for the first month since we know we have some librarians that are
      not familiar with the internet and it won't be fair to patrons if they need
      help and have to pay to stumble their way through it. We are passing out a
      survey at our in-service meeting on Tuesday to find out how much our
      librarians know about different aspects of the library, including internet use.

      Also, Steve's comment on keeping the price the same each month is one of
      our concerns. We want to do that, but aren't sure where to start to
      determine how much we would need to charge. Difficult since we can't have
      too much or too little in the bucket for this cost.

      Thank you for the input.
      Patty