Re: [fhctech] XML project

  • Justin Masters
    Message 1 of 9 , May 2, 2000
      More correctly:

      HTML puts the info on a page.

      XML gives ASSOCIATION to the data being displayed.

      An example would be:

      Search for "Playground" and "Toys" under strictly HTML type of
      environment and you'll run the gamut from childrens toys to
      accoutraments of sexual pleasure. Probably not what you had in
      mind.

      Under XML environment (if widely accepted, a matter of when, really)
      You can tie the two together, and get a MUCH more specific hit on
      playground toys for your kids to play with, along with prices that
      would be shown, as opposed to perhaps fluffy sales pieces, etc.

      Hope that helps. My example isn't the best.

      Justin

      Verily, Pete Yorke did write:
      | Penny,
      |
      | XML is kinda like HTML gone wild. HTML is the language it takes to make
      | a web page. XML can be used to represent ANY data.
      |
      | --Original Message Text---
      | From: Penny Seacord
      | Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 22:02:34 -0400
      |
      | If I've missed something, please forgive me. What is the XML project?
      | thanks, Penny Seacord, Bowie Maryland
      |
      | Home Page:
      | http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~fhcnet/fhctech/
      | Searchable Archive:
      | http://www.mail-archive.com/fhctech%40onelist.com/
      | Community email addresses:
      | Post message: fhctech@onelist.com
      | Subscribe: fhctech-subscribe@onelist.com
      | Shortcut URL to this page:
      | http://www.onelist.com/community/fhctech

      Justin Masters (Sr. Cad Engineer - Design Automation) PH: 916-356-6735
      Intel Corp. FM5-94 FAX: 916 356-7874
      1900 Prairie City Rd, Folsom, CA 95630 jmasters@...
    • Peter Yorke
      Message 2 of 9 , May 2, 2000
        Justin,

        Thank you for that much better explanation!
        XML gives ASSOCIATION to the data being displayed.

        An example would be:

        Search for "Playground" and "Toys" under strictly HTML type of
        environment and you'll run the gamut from childrens toys to
        accoutraments of sexual pleasure.  Probably not what you had in
        mind.

        Under XML environment (if widely accepted, a matter of when, really)
        You can tie the two together, and get a MUCH more specific hit on
        playground toys for your kids to play with, along with prices that
        would be shown, as opposed to perhaps fluffy sales pieces, etc.

        Hope that helps.  My example isn't the best.

        Justin

        Verily, Pete Yorke did write:
        | Penny,
        |
        | XML is kinda like HTML gone wild. HTML is the language it takes to make
        | a web page. XML can be used to represent ANY data.
        |
        | --Original Message Text---
        | From: Penny Seacord
        | Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 22:02:34 -0400
        |
        | If I've missed something, please forgive me.  What is the XML project?
        | thanks, Penny Seacord, Bowie Maryland
        |
        | Home Page:
        |   http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~fhcnet/fhctech/
        | Searchable Archive:
        |   http://www.mail-archive.com/fhctech%40onelist.com/
        | Community email addresses:
        |   Post message: fhctech@onelist.com
        |   Subscribe:    fhctech-subscribe@onelist.com
        | Shortcut URL to this page:
        |   http://www.onelist.com/community/fhctech

           Justin Masters   (Sr. Cad Engineer - Design Automation)  PH: 916-356-6735
           Intel Corp. FM5-94                                      FAX: 916 356-7874
           1900 Prairie City Rd, Folsom, CA 95630          jmasters@...

        Home Page:
          http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~fhcnet/fhctech/
        Searchable Archive: