Re: TRwin invalid page fault

  • donbradbury
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2002
      Any other likely candidates, Larry? Neither of your two suggestions
      were applicable to attempt a correction. If I can't crack this, I
      might have to revert to the old DOS version of TR.

      Don

      --- In fhctech@y..., "Larry Lords" <LordsLL@L...> wrote:
      > The OLEAUT32.DLL error is normally caused by running TempleReady
      for Windows on a machine configured for only 16 colors. TRW requires
      256 colors.

      > Another possibility is that your video adapter driver needs to be
      upgraded to the most current driver.

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      ----------
      > This message may contain confidential information, and is intended
      only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.

      =======
    • Hank LuBean
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2002
        Several of us have been down the "OLEAUT32.dll" road before. Page faults can be caused be video memory problems (like insufficient color depth) but can also be caused by other memory conflicts. The solution I found was to replace the oleaut32.dll file with an older version. The newer version that came with IE Explorer caused me problems. Just my two cents worth.
        Message 3 of 7 , May 1, 2002
          I'm glad that worked in this instance. Replacing files with earlier
          versions should be done with great care however, because when solving
          one problem it could break the newer program that is looking for the
          current version. Most of these system DLL's are *supposed* to be
          designed to be backwards compatable.

          Message 4 of 7 , May 2, 2002
            Any chance of you squirting me the version that works by email
            attachment, Hank? There are LOTS of OLEAUT32.DLL files around.

            Don