Re: [fhctech] Network

  • Arthur Lee
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2000
      We gave a proposal to the Stake President requesting permission to have a
      network installed. Rick helped us out by sending a list of estimated costs
      to us and we used that (translating the numbers to Canadian dollars). This
      included using the 486 computers we have and upgrading the two Dell
      Pentiums by putting in 40 gig hard drives. "Approved" means that the
      Stake Presidency and High Council agreed that this would be a good thing
      and they would pursue it. I am not sure what they will do to pay for this,
      but I "think" they will present it to the presidencies of the six stakes
      in Calgary and request that the stakes donate the money to make this
      available. It would probably mean $200 or so for each stake. I'm not sure
      what the process is exactly, We have a few funds from other donations at
      the present time which could be used to offset some of this amount but they
      would not begin to cover the entire cost.
      Carol Lee