Win 98

  • Dana A. Repouille
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2002
      I am the Assistant Stake Clerk for Computers in the Council Bluffs Iowa
      Stake. We have four FHCs, with a total of 12 computers running Windows 95B.
      I would very much like to upgrade these computers to Windows 98. What is the
      proper procedure?

      I have heard conflicting advice, perhaps because the FHC computers are
      governed by different policies and procedures than the unit administrative
      computers. Gayle Jeske(?) has told me to "write in" Windows 98 on the IS
      Order Form and specify the number of copies I need. Others have said I need
      to send a list of serial numbers so they may be included in a site license.

      Thank you,
      Dana Repouille
    • Len Ingermanson
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2002
        "Dana A. Repouille" wrote:

        > I am the Assistant Stake Clerk for Computers in the Council Bluffs Iowa
        > Stake. We have four FHCs, with a total of 12 computers running Windows 95B.
        > I would very much like to upgrade these computers to Windows 98. What is the
        > proper procedure?
        >
        > I have heard conflicting advice, perhaps because the FHC computers are
        > governed by different policies and procedures than the unit administrative
        > computers. Gayle Jeske(?) has told me to "write in" Windows 98 on the IS
        > Order Form and specify the number of copies I need. Others have said I need
        > to send a list of serial numbers so they may be included in a site license.
        >
        > Thank you,
        > Dana Repouille

        All you need to do is fill out the form and cross out Win 95 and write in Win
        98. No serial numbers for computers are required. I had our agent Stake Clerk
        fill out the form and had the Stake President sign. I received one copy of
        Win98 with a Startup disk and a letter authorizing 10 Licenses. Good luck.