Re: [fhctech] FS and Windows XP

  • Lynn E. Mower
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2002
      Dick,
      Win XP and I think WIN 2000 have two versions of command.com. One is for WIN XP and the other is a DOS simulated prompt. The first one is located in c:\windows\system and the second one is found in c:\windows\system32. I was able to load FS onto an XP system using the DOS version of command .com. When I found it, I put a shortcut to it on the desktop. Then right click on the icon, click on properties, click on memory tab and set EMS to either auto or a number of 1024 or higher.
      good luck.
      Lynn

      > There is probably a simple answer, but I can't find it...
      >
      > How do I get FamilySearch to install on Windows XP? Every time I try to install it, I get the message about not having enough expanded memory.
      Any suggestions will be appreciated.

      > Dick Gailey
      > Quartzsite Branch FHC

      Win a ski trip!