Re: [fhctech] FS on XP

  • Lee
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 15, 2001
      Gary,

      Hang in there, the fhctech email list and websites were created to overcome
      some of the deficiencies with F&CHD support and I'm confident that by
      working together we can resolve the majority of problems we're facing.

      We have XP is running in a dual boot configuration along with W98. If you
      have a previous FS installation you can just copy the PAS directory to a new
      system. Installation is not necessary. If you do need to reinstall you can
      boot DOS and run 'install.exe' instead of setup however you will need to
      provide high memory and EMS management on the boot disk.

      I set EMS to auto in XP and have not encountered any problems, if that
      doesn't work on your system you might try a specific value, e.g. 1024.
      Although I'm not certain of the origin of your problem I do know that it's
      not related to the amount of physical memory.

      Our systems are networked and have Internet access. If you'd like to
      troubleshoot the problem let me know and we'll use the Remote Assistance
      utility.

      Lee

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 20, 2001
        If you want to know if your computer is ready to accept the new XP program, run the test at the following link.  It might make things easier in the longrun.

        ~patti breidenthal
        breidenthal@...