Re: TWWin - Invalid page fault in MSHTML.DLL

  • Lee
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2001
      Jefferson and Larry,

      We've run TRW with a 16 color palette (4 bpp) without any errors. Many of the background colors and images are dithered but it is still usable.

      The Microsoft knowledge base suggests the Invalid Page Fault error is the result of an older video adapter driver operating with High Color (16 bpp) or True Color (24 bpp). Two solutions are offered, switching to 8 bit color as Larry has mentioned, and updating the video adapter driver. http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q169/7/47.asp

      Several of the background colors and images are dithered and misrepresented with a 256 color palette but again the usability is unaffected. Hopefully the issue of TRW's 8 bit color management will be addressed in a future release.

      HTH,

      Lee