Re: [fhctech] OK I'am giving Up!/Lee

  • Lee
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 7, 2001
      Yes Rick, I obtained the screen captures from a functional configuration.
      Note that there are separate drive letters for each data set
      (program/product), as you have observed the data source can not be mixed
      within a data set however.

      Lee

      > Has anybody actually tried this?
    • Shanna Jones
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 7, 2001
        Hi Alan,
        We set up an LCD projector to one of the computers right in the center and do hands on classes right in the FHC.  Everyone learns something.  We also schedule our classes during closed hours on evenings to do training.  Other things we have done is used another room with the LCD projector and a laptop to do demonstrations and used the college and high school computer labs for hands on classes, but just with PAF and FamilySearch Internet at those places.
        Shanna Jones
        St. George, UT
        shannajones@...
        http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~shannajones

        Alan Jones wrote:

         I am wondering what others do to teach large classes ofpeople how the FHC computers can benefit them?We have a large FHC with 10 PCs, but we have aComputerized Genealogy class with about 20 studentsand the FHC remains open during our class time.The FHC's computers are networked. Can I get a superlong cable and move one of the FHC PCs down the hallto a larger class room temporarily? Should I load the software on a laptop and do the CD shuffleas a demo, even tho that is not how it will be for them? Alan Jones
        Mission Viejo, CA
        alanjones10@...
        http://members.home.com/alanjones10/
        http://alanjones.tripod.com/
        http://members.home.com/fhconsultants/

      • Vern Taylor
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 7, 2001
          If you want to run a network cable you can go up to
          100 meters or about 330 feet with a long cable. Even
          if you buy 100 foot cables you could connect three of
          them together.
          Vern.

          http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
        • Raymond T. Stein
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 8, 2001
            We have been doing the same thing in the Menlo Park CA Stake FHC for
            about a year now. We connect the Stake's Sony LCD projector to the CPU
            monitor output and the staff is able to see projected everything they
            would see exactly as if they were sitting in front of one of the FHC
            computers!
          • Rick P
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 8, 2001
              Okay that makes sense and reflects what I thought was the case. Each product
              can be network or CDROM based but within the product you cannot mix source
              types.

              Rick P