Re: [fhctech] PAF 5 & PAS 3.0

  • Steven Cannon
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 7, 2001
      It will only create an RTF file if the option is checked for "Print to file"

      >>> butch.wr@... 08/06/01 08:47PM >>>
      Hi Steve;

      Thanks for writing back. However, the testing for the printer in the
      control panel is not checked for printing to a file or every other program
      would also print to a file. An when you select print from PAF, you have the
      option to print to a file there. But that still does not explain why when I
      seleted to print to a file from within PAF print, that it wrote a RTF file
      instead of a PRN file as it should have.

      Butch

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 7, 2001
        I cannot beleive that you all do not get this.  PAF 5 is a windows program and utilizes the Windows features.  RTF formatted files can be imported into nearly any other windows program for editing and for printing.  The PRN file was used by DOS programs, as PAF use to be, to be in  a format that could be printed directly to the printer.  The PRN format is a TEXT format, not a GRAPHICAL format as the RTF is.  What this means is that the PRN was limited on the type of graphics that could be displayed and printed - mostly to dashed lines to make a seaparation in the form, such as a Family Group sheet.  The RTF format allows for more grahical content to be displayed and printed such as a crisp solid lines or boxes that are crisp and solid, and not just dashed lines that form a box.

        Hope this helps. ..mike..