Re: Number of Networked Centers growing

  • pcombes@mindspring.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 17, 2000
      Thanks Rick. Using Bob Rebo's outline I set up eight donated workstations
      from a Marriott Hotel with a Pentium 233 server I built, 10 base 2, and it
      works great. I was afraid I was underengineering it since funds were a
      factor, but like I said, it works great.

      I bumped the 486 workstations up to DX2-66 with 20 megs of ram, 420 meg hd's
      using 95B and have a 540 on the server running 98B and a 20gig and a 27gig
      for the data.

      If it would be of assistance I can write it up. I had some problems with
      Bob's setup cause I didn't understand some of it. Took a lot of trial and
      error to make up for my lack of experience with networking.

      Thanks for all you are doing. I just discovered all of you and it is an
      education.

      Pete Combes, Computer Flunky
      Charleston (SC) Stake