Re: [fhctech] Hard drive space needed

  • Lee
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 3, 2001
      Marty,

      The posted values are rounded bytecounts. The discrepency you mentioned was
      the result of an addition error and has been corrected.

      Cluster waste in our FS directory is approximately 8 MB, 0.02 % of total
      capacity, and is insignificant.

      HTH,

      Lee

      > If you use the figures in the linked page, don't cut it too close. I think
      most
      > hard drive manufacturers these days use rounded numbers for megs and gigs
      > (1,000,000 and 1,000,000,000 bytes, respectively) and the space usage
      listed on
      > that page are truncated values. For instance, if you add up the actual
      byte
      > counts for the items in the first section alone, you will really need over
      > 1.5GB more than what it says.
      >
      > You should always leave yourself a little breathing room, what with wasted
      > space in disk clusters and new stuff and updated stuff coming out so
      often.
      > Where are you going to put the Ellis Island database??

    • Claude.Roll
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 4, 2001
        Dears,

        Hi, I am looking to find Bob and Debi Rebo who helps me in the
        implementation of our FHC Network. It was a long time ago.
        He moved and I changed Email.
        I'm afraid to update our system, we work still with 2.26 version. I would
        like to install the 2.27 with all the other CDs = 128 GB, but I am unable to
        do it alone.
        If Bob find my message, please let me know. My new address is <
        claude.roll@... > I f Bob is not online yet, I would appreciate
        receiving detailed instruction.

        Thank you so much for all your messages on web.
        Sincerely
        Claude ROLL
        4 rue du ChĂȘne
        F-67205 OBERHAUSBERGEN