Re: [fhctech] Sign out problem with FS

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2013

      Did you try deleting the browser cookies?

      On Apr 29, 2013 11:24 AM, "Barb Allen" <gone2center@...> wrote:

      I hope someone might have an answer for a problem with one of our computers at our center.  It will not sign off of FS.  I can go in and delete the patron info and sign in but after I sign out it seems to default back to this same patron's sign in.  I have checked numerous things but nothing seems to make a difference.

      Anyone have any ideas?  Salt Lake can't help me unless I am physically at the center and I don't want to make an extra trip since I will be there tomorrow.

      Thanks,
      Barb
      NW WA

    • Bill Buchanan
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2013
        Barb, one of my patrons had a somewhat similar experience. Each time that she signed in, the family tree took her to a specific person outside her immediate family.
        Viewing her screen, I saw that she was using a favorite/bookmark that pointed to that record. Mystery solved ... at least in that case. Try the normal URL https://familysearch.org and see if the problem disappears.

        The suggestion to delete temporary files and cookies is worth a try too.

        On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 3:24 PM, Barb Allen <gone2center@...> wrote:

        I hope someone might have an answer for a problem with one of our computers at our center.  It will not sign off of FS.  I can go in and delete the patron info and sign in but after I sign out it seems to default back to this same patron's sign in.  I have checked numerous things but nothing seems to make a difference.

        Anyone have any ideas?  Salt Lake can't help me unless I am physically at the center and I don't want to make an extra trip since I will be there tomorrow.

        Thanks,
        Barb
        NW WA

      • Barb Allen
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 29, 2013
          That sounds like a good suggestion, Bill.  I will try that tomorrow.  I already tried with the cookies and temp files.

          Thanks.
          Barb