Product Key Code for new Lenovo PCs

  • Perry E Shumway
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 11, 2013
      We recently received three new Lenovo ThinkCentre PCs. The instructions that came with them says to activate Windows using the product key code on the computers. There are no key codes on them. Now we get an error message that says: "Window could not activate. Key management service could not be located in domain name system (DNS). Verify that a KMS is published correctly." Also "Code 0X8007232B DNS name does not exist"

      Anyone know how to resolve this problem. We have 21 days left to activate.

      Perry Shumway
      Brigham City UT FHC Tech
    • John M. Shaw

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 12, 2013
            Additional info.: I have search the computers thoroughly for key codes and found nothing. I have gone to the activation location in computer properties but I don't have the code. The computers came with Windows 8 DVDs but they have the FHC Windows 7 image on them. I don't think the instructions I received from the Church are for these computers.
            --- In fhctech@yahoogroups.com, Perry E Shumway wrote:

            > We recently received three new Lenovo ThinkCentre PCs. The instructions that came with them says to activate Windows using the product key code on the computers. There are no key codes on them. Now we get an error message that says: "Window could not activate. Key management service could not be located in domain name system (DNS). Verify that a KMS is published correctly." Also "Code 0X8007232B DNS name does not exist"
            >
            > Anyone know how to resolve this problem. We have 21 days left to activate.
            >
            > Perry Shumway
            > Brigham City UT FHC Tech

          • John M. Shaw
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 12, 2013

              Look on the win 8 DVD it might have the product code, and should work for win 7

              On Jan 12, 2013 11:19 AM, "Perry E" <perryeshumway@...> wrote:

              Additional info.: I have search the computers thoroughly for key codes and found nothing. I have gone to the activation location in computer properties but I don't have the code. The computers came with Windows 8 DVDs but they have the FHC Windows 7 image on them. I don't think the instructions I received from the Church are for these computers.
              --- In fhctech@yahoogroups.com, Perry E Shumway wrote:

              > We recently received three new Lenovo ThinkCentre PCs. The instructions that came with them says to activate Windows using the product key code on the computers. There are no key codes on them. Now we get an error message that says: "Window could not activate. Key management service could not be located in domain name system (DNS). Verify that a KMS is published correctly." Also "Code 0X8007232B DNS name does not exist"
              >
              > Anyone know how to resolve this problem. We have 21 days left to activate.
              >
              > Perry Shumway
              > Brigham City UT FHC Tech

            • Bill Buchanan
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 12, 2013
                Perry,

                Call FamilySearch Support toll-free at 1-866-406-1830 and ask for Family History Center Support and explain the situation to them. FHC Support may need to transfer you to Church Headquarters Support to finish the job, but these are the people who can help you.

                Bill Buchanan