Re: [fhctech] Image DVD

  • James W Anderson
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 4, 2013
      Screwed that last send up, didn't get my message in along with the quoted message, so here's what I was going to say.

      XP is still supported for just over another year by Microsoft.  After sometime in the first part of 2014, they will no longer support it, and will not send down security and other updates.  Last service pack was SP4, I believe, and it has more fixes than SP3 had.

      Vista and Windows 7 may end up having shorter lifespans than XP or even 2000 did, because they want to move verything eventually to the new technology that Windows 8 offers.

      From: zionssuburb@...
      Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 19:46:22 -0600

      These days installing the Tivoli software gets you nearly everything you need. If you install the xp image you'll end up doing everything twice. If you have the skillset create your own image and install Tivoli and sophos post image.
      On Dec 31, 2012 7:34 PM, "Dana Repouille" <drepouille@...> wrote:

      This might be helpful:

      To: fhctech@yahoogroups.com
      From: studer_je@...
      Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2012 16:44:51 -0800
      Subject: [fhctech] Image DVD

      I've been out of the FHC tech support game for a while. I'm back in and need some guidance.
      In the past, FHC Support sent us a 2 disk DVD set called "Hardware Independent Image, Family History Center Desktop Image".

      We have some computers that were donated and I need to swap out some of the older PC's.

      Is there a newer DVD that has something newer than Windows XP on it, or should I just try use the old XP disks and apply updates?

      Any help would be appreciated.

      Thanks,
      -Jon