Re: [fhctech] Minolta ms6000 MK11 Microfilm scanner copier

  • Bill Buchanan
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 13, 2012
      This basically echoes Gary's comments.

      There seem to be various USB to SCSI adapters for sale. But the computer that was formerly connected to the scanner probably has a SCSI card plugged in. Is there any chance of getting that? You may also be able to buy a SCSI card that plugs into a PCI slot in your motherboard.

      I noticed that one of the USB > SCSI adapter cables listed online contained this caution:
      "Supports most SCSI storage devices such as Syquest, Jaz, and external hard drives. This model is not recommended for SCSI scanners which are trickier to connect."

      Once you have the correct driver installed, you can probably use a variety of different programs to do your scanning. XNView would be one of many options. Most graphics software should be able to use the driver to scan images. But first you need to physically connect the hardware, then you need to install a suitable driver.

      Bill Buchanan

      On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 6:07 PM, Debbe <debbehagner@...> wrote:

      I need a SCSI drive connected with this machine.

      Is there a SCSI to USB adaptor that we can buy or GET. The only driver code on minolta that we find are for USB.

      The local FHC got a newer computer and we are trying to get this machine to work.

      Also we notice that IMAGE WIZARD+ is no longer supported or used.

      We are not crazy about XNVIEW... is there anything else we can use.

      Debbe Hagner, AG

      --

      Bill Buchanan
      blog: http://billbuchanan.blogspot.com