Re: IE8 or IE9

  • Von
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2012
      Thank you for the great information. Please forgive me for not being more clear with my question. Let me clarify.

      At our Family History Center, we currently use IE8, Chrome (latest) and Firefox (latest). Each user has their own preference but I tell folks that if they run into a web site that doesn't work properly in one browser they can try it in another.

      What I am hoping to find out is whether I should upgrade IE8 to IE9 at the FHC. Will I be introducing compatibility problems or improvements for IE users if I upgrade to IE9?

      Thank you for your help and expertise.
    • Sue Maxwell
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 10, 2012
        Here is the link to the Google Chrome extension that James refers to below. It works with an Ancestry family tree person page and searches FamilySearch.org using those details.

        https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/iahjgikepkkgkinlhipagkkdgfbobphh

        Sue

        On 2/2/2012 9:35 PM, James W Anderson wrote:

        And there's another bigger reason to go to Chrome now, today at Rootstech, two Google engineers were presented at Jay Verkler's presentation this morning, and they showed a browser extension for Chrome that they termed an app, that allows one to search for the same data across FamilySearch, Geni, and WeRelate.  And do a Google search for the same data elsewhere on the web.  as it works within the browser.

        There's mention of this in today's post on http://ancestryinsider.blogspot.com/ but I have as yet to find it.  There's another app that allows Ancestry users to search FamilySearch for data that matches a person on an ancestry Member Tree, but that is not the one mentioned at Rootstech, in fact, while it is now available to the public, the name was not mentioned.

        --
        Sue Maxwell
        http://granitegenealogy.blogspot.com/