RE: [fhctech] Re: Dell GX 280 Screen going black

  • Lynn Mower
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 17, 2012
      We have received new Lenovo computers for our center.  It has been quite a chore to get everything loaded on them but we are getting there.

      We hope to use one of these computers for our training meeting each month, moving it into our outer room for that meeting and connecting it to a projector.

      To get reading for our next meeting I thought I would make sure ahead of time that our projector will work on this computer.  It does not.  Acts like it don't recognize the projector as being hooked up.  The projector worked on our old XP computer but does not work on this WIN 7 computer.

      Has anyone been through this so you can help me out?

      Lynn in Layton, Utah
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 17, 2012
        Silly question first:  Make sure you've connected to the INPUT of the projector.  (Don't ask why I say that. ;)

        Second, connect and power up the projector BEFORE powering up the computer.  That way the computer "senses" it from the get-go.

        Even before that, you might want to find out what the projector's native resolution is and change the PC to match.