Re: [fhctech] Re: Canon Microfilm Scanner

  • John M. Shaw
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 20, 2011
      I know I'm just being crazy here... but shouldn't we just keep the printer full of paper, and then get the STS to figure out the issue when available.... I agree with the  below, this doesn't seem very simple, and the simpler the better for an FHC....

      On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 9:44 AM, Gary Templeman <gtempleman1@...> wrote:

      Kevin,

      I am not a networking expert so others may have a better idea, but this
      setup seems way too complex. When the Church sends out the microfilm
      scanners, the documentation (at least previously) said it should be a stand
      alone system and not to install other software on the scanner computer. So I
      would not have it also function as a server for the center. I have inserted
      comments in your list below.

      Gary

      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 20, 2011
        Gary,
        Thank you for your comments. I will talk to the networking guy and see if we can change things around so that the networking computer can for networking only and use another computer as the scanner computer. I think we have a disk that has the scanner program on it.
        I will let you know how it all works.
        Regards

        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 21, 2011
          On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 7:13 PM, Kevin <kevnhil@...> wrote:
           I think we have a disk that has the scanner program on it.
          There's a good chance that's the old ImageWizard.  The currently supported program is available via LANDesk.