Re: [fhctech] Network Drive

    Message 1 of 3 , May 11, 2011
      I think my main concern would be cost.  Seems like you can always scare up a free PC, so it's only the cost of the drive to create a server.

      The other question is is there a limit to the number of concurrent users?  That's where Windows creates problems.  WinXP is limited to 10 users.  You have to upgrade to Windows Server to get more. ($$$)

      Another is speed.  I've worked with some "network drives" that had 1Gbit connections but where dog slow.