Windows 7 Image DVD - Anyone get to work?

  • paulbb1
    Message 1 of 3 , May 10, 2011
      We have five dual core computers in the FHC and having problems getting the LanDesk certificates to work so I was told to re-image the XP 5.9 load already on the computer by GSD.

      Thought I would use Windows 7 since they meet the criteria. Finally got the disk V1.0 and tried loading it. Freezes while expanding the files. Is there a later version than V1.0? I was told once by a GSD tech that the first version didn't work and I would have to wait. I did wait. I wonder if the one I have is one of the first batch of DVD's?

      The machine is a HP dc7600 with 3GB of ram. One of the approved one's on the instructions.
    • Bill Buchanan
      Message 2 of 3 , May 10, 2011
        Our FHC is using LANDesk etc. on 5 Dell Inspiron laptops running Windows7 Home Premium (64-bit). We had help from CHQ Support installing LANDesk, then a little trouble downloading software via LANDesk, so found it faster to download each program once, copy it to a flash drive, and then install on the other 4 machines from the flash drive. (We do not have any version of XP on these machines.)

        Bill Buchanan

        On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 11:20 AM, paulbb1 <abeebe@...> wrote:

        We have five dual core computers in the FHC and having problems getting the LanDesk certificates to work so I was told to re-image the XP 5.9 load already on the computer by GSD.

        Thought I would use Windows 7 since they meet the criteria. Finally got the disk V1.0 and tried loading it. Freezes while expanding the files. Is there a later version than V1.0? I was told once by a GSD tech that the first version didn't work and I would have to wait. I did wait. I wonder if the one I have is one of the first batch of DVD's?

        The machine is a HP dc7600 with 3GB of ram. One of the approved one's on the instructions.

        .
      • paulbb1
        Message 3 of 3 , May 12, 2011
          As it turns out it seems to be the DVD disk that is at fault. At the point of freezing the DVD drive would hunt back and forth trying to read the disK. Did this on three different drives. One a confirmed dual layer reader.

          Support is sending a new DVD. Surprised that with today's technology that I would get a corrupted DVD.