W 7 SP 1

  • Dana Repouille
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 9 4:23 AM

      I noticed last night that Windows 7 Service Pack 1 was included in the monthly patches.

      Let’s hope it doesn’t break anything we use.

      Dana in Omaha

    • LDS Skier
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 9 4:37 AM

        Are all of the FHCs supposed to be on Windows 7 now?

        And is there a subscription for official notices and bulletins for FHCs?

        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 9 4:40 AM

          While LANDesk supports Windows 7, I think only the newest systems come with it. Other systems still use XP.

          The only official notices I see are those that come through the LDSMail accounts for each FHC.

          Dana

          Are all of the FHCs supposed to be on Windows 7 now?

          And is there a subscription for official notices and bulletins for FHCs?

        • Robert Harrison
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 9 4:57 AM

            Not yet.  Official notices and bulletins for FHC’s would likely go the the FHC’s email account and may also be sent via snail mail.

            Are all of the FHCs supposed to be on Windows 7 now?

            And is there a subscription for official notices and bulletins for FHCs?

            I noticed last night that Windows 7 Service Pack 1 was included in the monthly patches.

            Let’s hope it doesn’t break anything we use.

            Dana in Omaha

          • Arlan Beebe
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 9 8:33 AM
              RE: [fhctech] W 7 SP 1

              I called the help desk with issues with an old version of the XP re-imaging cd failures. They have a new version that is 'more robust' and are sending it to me. I asked about Windows 7 and they have a CD/DVD for it and are also sending it to me. The catch for Win 7 is it is only for Dual Processor CPU's. It checks and will not load if not dual. That is what I was told.

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 10 6:44 PM
                Just a comment Robert, the font and color you used is *almost* impossible to read on my Blackberry. Sometimes HTML works great but depending on the choices other times it has issues. Sticking to plain text is safer, especially when you consider the number of older people on this list..

                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                From: "Robert Harrison" <rootsmagic@...>
                Sender: fhctech@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 07:57:08 -0500
                To: <fhctech@yahoogroups.com>
                ReplyTo: fhctech@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 10 7:45 PM
                  I have taken a magnifying glass to see some of these fonts. Thank goodness with ctrl + in Firefox.

                  From: "Robert Harrison" <rootsmagic@...>
                  Sender: fhctech@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 07:57:08 -0500
                  To: <fhctech@yahoogroups.com>