Re: RE: [fhctech] Re: IE 8 and the portal certificate

  • James W Anderson
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 19, 2010
      I don't think we're using Deep Freeze, unless whoever set this one Optiplex up did that, I don't see an icon, but will be checking in a couple of hours when we open for the day.  If it isn't a Deep Freeze install, I'll ask again about it as I'll know a little more.

      How I can tell it's Flash 7, I go to http://www.speedtest.net/ as that will say it needs Flash 8 if it is not installed and updated past that.

      Had an odd problem with Chrome and the FamilySearch Indexing page, for some odd reason the 'start indexing' link had not been clickable in Chrome, would work in IE 8 though.

      I'll check that issue as well, see if the new Indexing installer fixed that, could be a Java issue, the new update now points to the Church's instance of Java, not the Sun instance of Java, usually ahead of the Church's instance when it comes to updates, so many of the Java problems indexers have encountered may now be moot.

      From: E Marleena Alkire <emalkire@...>
      Subject: RE: [fhctech] Re: IE 8 and the portal certificate
      To: fhctech@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, September 19, 2010, 1:05 PM

      > Those are the exact reasons I have it on all our machines but when one of the FHC Workers...

      Home Page: http://fhctech.org/fhc
      Community email addresses:
        Post message: fhctech@yahoogroups....