FamilySearch Protals

  • Perry E Shumway
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6 8:17 AM
      Some patrons at our center are reporting that they can no longer can access documents from sites like footnote.com. When the image is requested the site now requires a subscription to their service whereas it used to allow access through the portal without joining.

      What has changed that I can fix??

      Perry
      Brigham City UT FHC

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 6 11:20 AM
        First of all, make sure they are still going thought the portal and not though a saved link.

        Also verify you can access the portal.

        Next, check that the firewall is still in place.  Go to www.gambling.com  you should get a "blocked" page.  If not, someone has bypassed the firewall/VPN.

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 6 4:56 PM
          And occasionally you need to reinstall the certificate if it didn't get renewed through LANDesk.

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 7 9:53 AM
            One other thing I've noticed on Footnote is that if all is right, it says ou are using Footnote 'in a Family History Center'.  If you see that at the top of the page when you go in via the portal, everything is set up right.

            And occasionally you need to reinstall the certificate if it didn't get renewed through LANDesk.