Re: [fhctech] Unfiltered Family History Center Computer

  • Larry Jackson
    Message 1 of 8 , May 11, 2010
      I do not have a wireless card on the computer where I presently am
      typing, but I seem to recall that under the Windows wireless networking
      area (where the computer goes looking for networks) there is a setting
      in the advanced area where you can tell it not to connect, or to connect
      manually, to other networks.

      I would put the FHC SSID and network first on the list with an automatic
      connect, and either delete or change to manual connect any other
      networks I see.

      I may be a bit daft, though, and there may not be a do not connect box
      to check. I will also be the first to admit that Windows sometimes (ok,
      often) will do things it has been told not to do.

      I would let Windows manage the wireless, although I do not think it
      would hurt if you let Linksys do it. Linksys may give you more control
      over random connecting that Windows wireless.

      I have some D-Link stuff at home, and would definitely choose Windows
      control over D-Link.

      Larry Jackson

      __