RE: [fhctech] New FHC computers
I thought I would chime in on this. I installed two of these over the weekend. When configured with the CPU attached to the back of the monitor stand the weight and balance is very good. The systems pivot easily to access the CD/DVD. They return to normal just as easy. The monitor has two USB connections on the side and allow easy connection of a USB drive.
1. Allow 3 hours for the setup.
2. While installing the second system the system froze and would not continue the install. I was able to use the CFI restore CD to return the system to the same condition it was delivered in! No need to call Salt Lake for a DVD to continue the install. All in, the first install, recovery and re-install took 6 hours!
3. The 22 inch screen is great!
4. The systems connected to LANDesk and allowed the install of extra goodies.
Denver North Stake Technology Specialist.
As another option, for a few bucks, you can get USB extension cables so you can place the USB connection in the place most convenient for patrons, regardless of where the computer box itself is located. Unfortunately, nothing so cheap or convenient for the CD drive (unless you just buy a case and pull the drive out of the machine, more trouble than I'd want to deal with for the amount of usage it's likely to get at our FHC).
On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 2:35 PM, Chuck Anderson <cwhanderson@...> wrote:
We got one of those silly little Dell computers also - I just set the
computer on the desk to the left of the LCD monitor where it is
accessible for both USB and CD. No need to put it in that ridiculous
little box in the back where it is hard to insert USB or CD.
- On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 1:40 PM, Dana A. Repouille <drepouille@...> wrote:
Please ask Mike Provard to comment on his recent communication with Caprene Thompson.Where can this additional information be found?