Help Please

  • Candy B
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 13, 2010
      Hello all,
      After indexing and arbitrating like a busy little bee I had to take some time off for health issues. Well Im Back, however when trying to launch the site I continue to be unable to launch. I keep getting the error message stating------Java Virtual Machine Launcher--- the the error message stating "could not find the main class:com.iarchives.apps.common.jobq.SplashMain. Program will exit.
      I have searched for solutions and so far...everything that has been suggested on how to fix this, it refuses to fix...Well you get the picture. If anyone can help with this matter I would deeply appreciate it. Ive been trying to get this to load so I can work for several days. Thank you so very much in advance. Candy B.
    • Skier
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 14, 2010
        I'd uninstall all currently installed instances of Java and then
        download/reinstall the most current from java.com

        On Thu, January 14, 2010 1:47 am, Candy B wrote:
        > Hello all,
        > After indexing and arbitrating like a busy little bee I had to take some
        > time off for health issues. Well Im Back, however when trying to launch
        > the site I continue to be unable to launch. I keep getting the error
        > message stating------Java Virtual Machine Launcher--- the the error
        > message stating "could not find the main
        > class:com.iarchives.apps.common.jobq.SplashMain. Program will exit.
        > I have searched for solutions and so far...everything that has been
        > suggested on how to fix this, it refuses to fix...Well you get the
        > picture. If anyone can help with this matter I would deeply appreciate
        > it. Ive been trying to get this to load so I can work for several days.
        > Thank you so very much in advance. Candy B.

      • Dan Vester
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 14, 2010

          Call the support desk, they will get you up and running in no time. You probably need to remove all old versions of Java and upgrade to Java 6.0.17

          Dan Vester, STS

          Prescott Az FHC

          After indexing and arbitrating like a busy little bee I had to take some time off for health issues. Well Im Back, however when trying to launch the site I continue to be unable to launch. I keep getting the error message stating----- -Java Virtual Machine Launcher--- the the error message stating "could not find the main class:com.iarchives .apps.common. jobq.SplashMain. Program will exit.
          I have searched for solutions and so far...everything that has been suggested on how to fix this, it refuses to fix...Well you get the picture. If anyone can help with this matter I would deeply appreciate it. Ive been trying to get this to load so I can work for several days. Thank you so very much in advance. Candy B.

          __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4770 (20100114) __________

          http://www.eset.com
        • Candy B
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 14, 2010
            thank you . I will call help desk today. I did not want to completely remove java but seems I might need to do that. Oh well. then back to getting all the other programs back on track too.
            Thank you very much foryour kind reply. Candy
            --- In fhctech@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Vester" <dvester@...> wrote:

            > Call the support desk, they will get you up and running in no time. You
            > probably need to remove all old versions of Java and upgrade to Java 6.0.17
            >

            > Dan Vester, STS
            >
            > Prescott Az FHC
            >

            > _____

          • Candy B
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 14, 2010
              Thank you I will do that today and hopefully everything will be back up and running. That will teach me to have surgery, get sick and then travel. Take care. CAB