Accessing FHC Services Portal Problem

  • Neil Hallam
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 14, 2009
      Help please.
      We have just changed one FHC computer from W2000 to XP.
      Installed FHC services portal and have no trouble accessing and using the
      site when signed in as Administrator. However when we log in on the Patrons
      desktop it does not recogise our registration.
      Would appreciate any help that will rectify the problem.
      I'm not a Techo so please keep it simple.
      Regards
      Neil Hallam
    • mkitchen@juno.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 14, 2009
        From: "Neil Hallam" <hallamnr@...>
        To: <fhctech@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [fhctech] Accessing FHC Services Portal Problem
        Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 22:01:41 +1030

        Call Support.
        If you are in north America, phone 1-866-406-1830
        ask for Family History Center Support
        be prepared to give your FHC number.
        Also be prepared to set up a remote system--you do that by clicking on Start-all programs-LanDesk Management-Remote control.
        They will hook you up with a really good technical person who will do everything for you.

        Regis University MBA
        Earn your MBA from Regis University, 100% online. Free info packs!
        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=iIZ-_zfN3Kn9ivzojiZQHAAAJ1CPEJMnR1ClvWueYr39GM-EAAQAAAAFAAAAAKRwnT4AAANSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAiHkAAAAAA=
      • Miles Meyer

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 14, 2009
            To get to the portal, you must have a certificate. That certificate
            may not be global by machine, but by user. To do that, run
            PortalCfg.exe again while logged on as Patron.